WHAT WE BELIEVE
These statements sum up our beliefs:
- We believe there is only one true God, and that He is the God described in the Bible, existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is inspired by God, and is authoritative and totally reliable in all it affirms.
- We believe that the wrong things we do are offensive to God, who created us and who has the right to judge us. Our rebellious thoughts, words and actions separate us from God, and lead to death.
- We believe that the death of Jesus was necessary to restore our relationship with God. We can only be saved from the punishment we deserve by accepting that Jesus died in our place, asking for forgiveness for the wrong things we have done, and surrendering our lives to Him.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin called Mary. He lived a sinless life amongst people, and demonstrated God's power and authority in what Hedid and said. We believe He died on a cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God, having done all that was required to open a way for us to enter into God's presence.
- We believe the Holy Spirit causes us to recognize our wrongdoing and our need to surrender our lives to Jesus. We believe the Holy Spirit helps believers to live godly lives.
- We believe that God will bring all true believers safely to eternal salvation, but also that it is every believer's responsibility to live a holy life and to continue in the faith.
- We believe that we should show our commitment to Jesus and His teachings by going through the ceremony of baptism. This involves being completely immersed in water, following the example of Jesus, who was Himself baptised.
- We believe God's church is made up of all those who believe in Jesus and surrender their lives to His leadership. We believe that the gifts described in the Bible, such as teaching and prophecy, are still valid for and available to today's local churches. We believe that local churches have a significant role to play in God's plan for the world, and that we have a responsibility to tell others about Jesus and what He has done.
- We believe that Jesus will return one day, and that when He does He will judge us all individually. Those who have surrendered their lives to Him before His return will have eternal life with Him.